Ally here! I thought it would be nice to offer up a few things that I'm thankful for this holiday season. Since we're a young blog and you all don't know us very well, hopefully you'll be able to get a sense of who we are. Mike will post his thankfulness tomorrow! Also- we would LOVE it if you would comment and share what you're thankful for.
1) I'm beyond thankful for the amazing community of neighbors in our little corner of the world. Over the past year, they have become some of our best friends and for that I am so glad. We went on an amazing camping trip to the Harbor Islands, where the photo above was snapped.
2) For these two fur balls. Even though they are terribly behaved 95% of the time, they are always up for a snuggle when you're feeling down. They add a dash of funny/absurd to our lives, and for that I am thankful. Except when they sneak into our room at night and try to sleep on our faces. I am not thankful for that.
3) The amazing abundance that we are blessed with. We live in a comfy and happy home. We eat well every day. We are warm and safe and that alone is a blessing some people will never know. We are able to give to charities, we have friends who are wonderful and families who we love endlessly. I am so, so thankful for the blessing of abundance in our lives.
4) I am thankful for all of the fun that I have in my life. This photo was taken when we went to Disney last October with Mike's family- so fun and a really unexpected and generous gift. The every day fun is what I'm really thankful for, though. A quick game of Yahtzee after dinner. Drinks on our porch with neighbors. Hanging out with the kids in our life at the playground. Fun and happiness go hand in hand, I think, and I'm thankful for that.
5) Lastly, I'm thankful for my partner in life. My sweet husband who is the most supportive, handsome and sweet person I've ever known. I count my lucky stars that he wandered into my Starbucks one fateful day. I'm grateful that he indulges my need to do 4 projects at once and then helps me clean up the mess. I'm a lucky gal.
Okay, okay. Enough about us: what are YOU thankful this year??