February 7, 2011

Tiny Loving: Winter Blahs Edition

Hi y'all. Coming at you today with a list of things that are getting me through the winter doldrums. How about you? Have you found anything that makes a dreary day a little brighter?






1. My Kamik boots. These babies are getting me through the ice, slow, sleet and everything else New England winters can throw at them. They're super toasty and are nice and cushioned on the bottoms.

2. Tangelos! We got a bunch of juicy, delicious tangelos (cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit) from a friend and they are so good. I feel like I'm getting an injection of vitamin C every time I bite into one. I'm thinking about making tangelo curd tart. Any other ideas???

3. Home made bagels! Cheap, delicious and perfect for a cold winter morning on the run!

4. Smith's Rosebud Salve- it's amazingly soothing on lips, cuticles and cheeks. I use this stuff morning, noon and night and it still lasts forever. A tiny tin lasts well over 3 months for me.




5. Caffeine free Oregon Chai concentrate. Mmmm. There is nothing better than a glass of warm chai and milk when Jack Frost is nipping at your toes. If you can find this stuff on sale, it's worth the few bucks (and way cheaper than buying a cup from Starbucks!!!)

6. "Yael Naim" by Yael Naim. It's an awesome album and I'm loving on it. The single, "New Soul" is like a happy shot, if there ever was one. Check her out!

7. "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" by the queen of the crockpot, Stephanie O'Dea. Tons of awesome slooooow cooked recipes. There's nothing better than coming in from a long, cold commute to a hot dinner waiting and ready for you!

8. Spicy food of any kind. Warmth from the inside out. I crave spicy chili, curry, enchiladas, tacos and all sorts of other hot, spicy food this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Mine are vitamin d, leg warmers, bbq sauce and my new fitness tracker app!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...