Hey there! Hope this finds you well- I can't believe it's already Thursday! We had a dusting of SNOW last night here in New England. Guess Mama Nature missed the memo that it's spring time. I'm cool with it, for another week or so. Still time to sneak in some hearty, winter stews and such.
It is, however, already three (nearly four!) months into this lovely year. I realized that I didn't really share with you some of the things I decided to try and accomplish this year. So, in the interest of keeping myself accountable, here goes!
1) Take care of my body
I've never been super concerned with how I look in the mirror. Of course, I like to look nice but I've never been obsessed. This all changed for me this year at a recent doctor's appointment. She mentioned that my weight has been nudging up and that losing a few pounds would do wonders for regulating my PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome).
So, dear and darling friends and readers, it is ON. It’s time that I took control of my body and not the other way around. I’m doing lots of reading, and if any of you have suggestions on how to go about doing this let me know!
- I’m starting out with a high-protein/low-carb/tons of fresh veggies approach and seeing how my body responds.
- Mike and I are scheduling in cardio workouts 3x a week and yoga twice a week. We’re going to add in bike rides, walks and hiking once the weather gets nice.
- I’m challenging myself to drink 8+glasses of water a day. I’ll do this by bringing my 24 oz. water bottle to work- I’ll be more likely to guzzle it if I have it with me!
- I’ll start taking a multi-vitamin and a probiotic regularly. I’m hoping this will also help boost my immune system (thanks to the kids I work with, I get tons of colds).
- Switch my eating style to mini-meals- a good breakfast followed by little, protein-packed meals throughout the day (5 total meals).