March 1, 2011

The Command Center

I've posted before about how we're trying to adjust to our new schedule since Mike has gone back to work. One of the key components is getting organized, so when I was blessed with a week off from work, I took advantage in a major way.
Organizing the pots and pans
Organizing the pantry
Organizing the laundry closet

I also tackled the medicine cabinet in our bathroom. Woohoo!
Next up on my list was compiling all of my random lists and forms into one comprehensive binder. I'm now calling this binder my Command Center, because it contains everything I need to run my household in one place.
I decided not to spend any money on this, because I managed to find all of the supplies I needed by shopping my own home! Go figure!
We do have some dividers, but they're not super cute so I traced the shape onto heavy scrapbook paper. Add in some pretty labels and viola! Cute, no?
So far, my categories are:


-meal planning (with recipes and favorite menu plans in a clear sleeve, weekly meal plan and grocery list so I can add things on the go)


-home management (phone and account numbers of our home services, to-do lists, our cleaning schedule and a to-buy list)


-budget (our monthly budget spreadsheet, a calendar with yearly expenses/reminders, deposit slips for the bank).


We are able to easily add categories as necessary by throwing in an extra divider. It's a quick and cheap solution to (hopefully) help me get organized.


I also fancied up the outside of the boring, black binder with some scrapbook paper. Yay! I love this binder. 


How about you? How do you stay organized? Any easy ideas or tips for us??

Linking Up Today with The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday!!! Go check out all of the awesomely thrifty projects!!!




2 comments:

  1. Love your binder! I'm working on my home management binder right now. I made one a couple years ago but find it's not suiting my needs so I'm revamping it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandi! Thanks for stopping by. Let us know if you blog your new binder- we can always use more inspiration :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...