June 25, 2011

Swiss Chard and Black Bean Salad

So Mike's been scheduled to work on Saturdays lately, which means I get almost a whole weekend day to myself. This is awesome. I get an insane amount of things checked off of my list, leaving all of Sunday open for relaxing and stress-free hanging out on the back porch.

This morning, after a particularly hot and humid workout running along the harbor,  I was craving a big breakfast. 
Strangely for me, it wasn't carbs that my body was begging for but greens. A huge plate of greens. Luckily, I had a bunch of swiss chard ready to be sauteed. I topped them with black beans, avocado, tomato, chopped onion and some lime juice. Mmm. Totally delicious, totally great for my body. It would be wonderful topped with an egg, too. 


Swiss Chard and Black Bean Salad
1 bunch swiss chard (or other dark, leafy green)
1 clove garlic, minced
salt to taste
1/2 c. cooked black beans, warmed
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder (optional)
1/2 tsp. cumin (optional)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)


Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium. Add in garlic and stir for a minute or so, until it begins to color. Add chard and saute for 5 minutes, or until wilted. Add black beans to the chard and stir until heated through. Mix in spices, if you want to use them. Pour into a bowl and top with avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...