May 10, 2011

Cold Turkey

Happy Tuesday! Oh my how I love how much spring is springing in our neck of the woods! I think that after a New England winter, the colors of spring are so astonishing- every single year. I always think "it wasn't this gorgeous last year!". 


Speaking of spring, here's a springy salad I had for lunch yesterday- it was so yummy! All I want to eat lately is salad + protein. Maybe this is a signal that my body is working out it's insulin issues? I'm not craving sugar as fiercely as I did a few months ago. Wooooooo!


Toasted whole wheat bread, cracked pepper turkey, baby spinach. Salad greens, herb goat cheese and 1/2 of a Fuji apple. Oil, lemon juice and cider vinegar. And some homemade pickles. Mmmm.


This lunch satisfies all of my cravings- tangy vinaigrette, crunchy apples and toast, creamy goat cheese, sweet apple. Oh, and it's pretty healthy too! 

2 comments:

  1. spring is totally wasted on those of us who live in Southern California. the transition is that it goes from rainy to dusty, and that's about it! those bright green trees make me miss my parents' house in Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, well I'll post some more for ya! And whenever you miss it, just think about the end of winter dirty slushy snowbanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...