May 12, 2011

Burger Salad

So Mike's been working late a few days a week and his job provides dinner. I get home with about 0% motivation to make dinner for one, so I end up going back to my favorite single person dinner of all time (which is actually pretty good for you)- burger and salad. Oh and some pretty flowers for myself- a very good splurge after a long day.
This iteration is a 93% lean turkey burger- I just mix in some spices and salt, no breadcrumbs or crazy stuff. Then I throw the following in a jar:

2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
1 squirt dijon mustard (about a heaping teaspoon)
1/4 c. cider or white wine vinegar
1/2-3/4 c. olive oil (depending on how vinegary you like your dressing)
1 tsp. maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
a good pinch of salt
a few grinds of pepper

Now throw the cover on and shake the daylights out of it until its blended together. Mmmm. This makes me enough dressing for a few salads, which is why I make it in a jar. I can just pop it in the fridge when I'm done.
Cook up the burger, add some goodies to the salad (cukes, onion, tomatoes, whatever), sprinkle on dressing and enjoy. Super easy, healthy and yummy lunch or dinner for 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...