How was your weekend? Ours was s-t-e-a-m-y! It's been consistently in the 90's for the past week or so! Phew- looking forward to seeing the mercury drop a little bit, that's for sure! Here's what we have on the menu this week:
- Steel cut oats sweetened with a little bit of pure maple
- Whole wheat english muffin, toasted with some peanut butter + fruit salad
Lunches: (same as last week, but they definitely worked well and kept me full and happy)
- Baked sweet potato with black beans and fresh pico de gallo.
- Dr. McDougalls soups (the tortilla is my favorite!)- they're cheap, too.
- Low-carb wrap (I like Cedar's brand) with hummus and tons of veggies
Monday- Green salad with chicken (for Mike) and chickpeas (for me!)
Tuesday- Grilled whole wheat pizza with veggies and sugar-free BBQ sauce (plus cheese for Mike)
Wednesday- Slow cooker barley risotto with a big green salad
Thursday- Taco Thursday! Black bean for me, chicken for Mike
Friday- Whole wheat angel hair pasta tossed with veggies and herbs
Sunday- Salad wraps (veggies + lettuce + chickpeas + hummus + tabouli for me, plus chicken for Mike)
Linking up with Orgjunkie.com and Menu Plan Monday! Head on over there for lots of great menu plans!!