July 1, 2011

A Trip to the Library

Oh boy friends- I've just gone half crazy requesting books from our fabulous public library. In anticipation of my summer vacation (t-minus 7.5 hours!!!), during which I plan to while away the hot days under the shade of my porch with my nose in a book. And a cold glass of iced tea. Here's what I've got so far: 


Carrots N' Cake by Tina Haupert. 
Tina is a Boston food/fitness blogger who rocks my world. Hers was one of the first "healthy" blogs I started reading, and she's been a huge inspiration to help me see that healthy does equal boring. She has loads of great recipes and tips on her blog, Carrots N Cake to help you along your journey to your Feel Great Weight!


Growing a Farmer by Kurt Timmermeister
So I already started this book, but I think it's going to add fuel to my deep-rooted desire to move out of the city and buy a farm. Mike is not so enthusiastic about this plan, but maybe after reading this charming tale of a accidental farmer, he'll reconsider. 


Plate to Pixel by Hélène Dujardin
The photos in this book look absolutely beautiful! In the process of learning how to correctly use my DSLR, I'd like to learn the basics of great food styling and photography. I'm excited to dig into this book full of gorgeousness.


My Last Duchess by Daisy Goodwin
Mike and I love historical dramas. We just got really into the BBC Masterpiece Classic "Downton Abbey". So, of course I am eager to read this Gilded Age tale of a Newport debutante who goes to England in search of a suitor. Ooh la la, I do declare. 


And like...15 back issues of This Old House, Bon Appetit, Ready Made and Real Simple magazines. Ahh the good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...