July 8, 2011

Strawberry-Plum Cobbler

Yesterday, I made cobbler. In my oven. On a day where the temperature reached 95 degrees. In a house where there is no air conditioning.
The things I do for this blog.
The awful, horrible things I have to do. 
So. terrible.


Strawberry Plum Cobbler
serves 6 generously


4-5 c. strawberries and plums (use what you have- peaches, nectarines, blueberries)
2 tbsp. flour or cornstarch (I used whole wheat flour because it's all I have)
1 tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
1/4 tsp. each of cinnamon and nutmeg
juice of 1/2 a lemon
Combine and toss into the bottom of a round oven-safe dish. 
1 c. flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 stick cold butter, cubed
1 egg, beaten lightly
1/4 c. milk (I used almond milk)
Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in a small bowl. With a pastry cutter (or in a food processor), cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles small peas. 
Add egg and milk and mix just until combined. Dollop on top of the fruit mixture. 
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. 
Yum! Makes an excellent breakfast, too. Trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...