April 6, 2011

Gingerly Salad

I'm trying to eat a big salad with some kind of protein for lunch every day. As I mentioned before, the more protein (I love black beans, turkey breast or leftover chicken), the fuller I feel. In the few short weeks that I've been paying attention to what I eat, I've noticed that full= less snacking/mindless eating. 
As a means of accountability, I've decided to post the breakfast and lunch recipes that I come across that I love. Hopefully this will also inspire all of y'all who are trying to drop some lb's/eat healthier, too!
My salad recipe goes like this: 
Greens (I like Olivia's herb salad mix with some spinach)
+
Protein (like I mentioned, beans and lean meats are good)
+
Crunch (sunflower seeds, walnuts, wasabi peas, apples, raw onion)
+
Creamy (hummus, laughing cow low-fat cheese, low-fat feta)

+
Veggies (any veggies work here! I love asparagus and peas, lately)
+
Tangy (I usually make a balsamic vinaigrette, but I've been loving Annie's Lite Gingerly dressing)
=
Nom.
Greens with sliced onion, apple, Laughing Cow low-fat garlic and herb cheese, leftover squash (I added this later) and two pieces of leftover Bell & Evans coconut chicken. With a little Gingerly dressing. Oh mama this was good. 


The best thing about a big salad is that you can make it in a few minutes before you go to snooze: hunt around your fridge and throw random ingredients into a bowl. No cooking, no assembling. Hooray for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...