April 5, 2011

Feeling Snacky

Oh hello. You might remember a few posts back when I talked all about getting healthy, eating right, etc. Let me let you in on a little secret: it's horrible. I'm going through some serious sugar withdrawals as I cut out processed foods and high fructose corn syrup from my diet. 
Deep fried oreo photo via

I've been making a huge green salad with tons of veggies and a few slices of lean turkey breast for lunch. This, itself, is a great thing but I'm still feeling really snacky throughout the day. My nutrition plan suggests that I eat a small snack between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. Basically, the eating plan of a toddler. 


Here's what's keeping my belly happy these days: 



1. Clementines! I eat way too many of these bad boys per day. So yummy + Vitamin C!
2. Annie's Lite Gingerly dressing- it has 40 calories/2 tbsp. which is way less than most. I dip raw veggies in it.
3. Laughing Cow Lite Garlic & Herb cheese. I put this on celery or Multigrain Wasa crisps. 
4. Cedar's Original Hummus- it gives me some good protein and is awesome to dip veggies!


What are your favorite healthy snacks? Do you snack during the day or are you a three-squares per day kind of person?? 


*Note: none of these companies are sponsoring this post, just my own opinions of some good eats!

6 comments:

  1. You need to add more protein to your snacks. Have some greek yogurt or a hard boiled egg. Nuts. A low calorie tortilla wrapped around a banana and some peanut butter. Drink some milk (any type cow, soy, almond). This will help keep you fuller longer. (hehe fuller <3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO THE LAUGHING COW CHIPOTLE IS TO DIE FOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also my new mid morning snack is a quarter cup of granola with a quarter cup of almond milk and berries. Noms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeesh, I have to start doing this. I've packed 'em on during this whole surgery/recovery thing and can no longer fit in my non-stretchy clothes. I used to eat SO well before...no processed foods, no fast food. Blech. I fell off the wagon. Time to jump back on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kate,
    I love your enthusiasm. I usually have a smoothie with fruit, spinach, Fage and some almond milk for breaky. And nutz are usually on my salad for lunch. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Layla- its WAY easier to stop eating healthily than to start!! Before I saw a nutritionist, I totally thought I was eating really well. It's the sneaky things that kill me- a handful of chips here, a late-night bowl o' ice cream there. Adds up to my pants=not so loose. Good luck homegirl- we can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Tiny Love!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...